Saturday, May 28, 2011

Snickerdoodles

This recipe is phenomenal!! Courtesy of allrecipes.com and some lady names Mrs. Sigg :)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar mixture

Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour, cream of tarter soda and salt. At this point you may choose to cook, but I suggest refrigeration for about an hour or more. I like to do overnight.

Roll into balls, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I like to do 8 minutes and then let them sit for a minute. Oh, and put them on a sprayed pan. It makes the bottoms softer as well. If you make these, drop a comment below and tell me what you think! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I remember eating these at your house and they were sooooo good. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the ratio for making a cinnamon-sugar mixture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...i'm not sure. I just always do it until it tastes good. 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon sounds about right though.

    ReplyDelete