Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Muddy Buddies


So clearly I didn't make this recipe up myself, but I love to make and eat these, so it deserves to be posted. Even if you already know the recipe because it's on the box.

Chex Muddy Buddies

9 cups Chex (I prefer corn)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate (Nestle)
1/2 cup peanut butter (Jif)
1/4 cup butter/ margarine
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into large bowl, set aside.

Microwave Choc chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered for 1 minute. Stir. Put in for 30 more seconds or until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal and mix until well coated. Put 1/2 of it in a gallon size bag with powdered sugar and shake it. (Like a polaroid picture...) Do again for other half. (You can do 2 gallon size bags. But I enjoy splitting them up.) Put on wax paper or lightly sprayed pan to cool. Store in airtight container in fridge.

3 comments:

  1. Love muddy buddies!! I totally forgot about these, I'm going to have to make some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yummy! but i always called it puppy chow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember eating these at your house. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete