Thursday, March 10, 2011

RItz Chicken

Well tonight we are having Jon's physics buddy and his wife over for dinner. I decided to make one of Jon and my favorites.

Ritz Chicken

3-4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2-1 cup cheese (we used sharp cheddar)
2 tubes Roasted Vegetable Ritz crackers, crushed
1 cube butter

Place chicken in a pot of water with some salt and pepper. Bring to boil and then turn down low for about an hour. Take chicken out and cool it enough to handle it. Shred chicken into thin shreds, or else you can cut up into bite size pieces. Put chicken in a 9x13 dish, sprayed with Pam spray. Mix soup, sour cream and cheese then mix in with chicken. Melt butter and add crushed crackers. Sprinkle on top of stuff in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Recipe from Andrea Merrill

I am very excited for tonight. This is a great recipe. We usually serve it over some rice. That is the best way to do it. And if you want a good side do some corn or maybe rolls. It's pretty filling though. So not a whole lot is needed. Oh...I should have gotten salad. That sounds delicious. Oh well :) Hope ya'll like this one!

2 comments:

  1. fantastic! I make a similar recipe, but you season the crackers with seasoning salt and dip the raw chicken in yogurt, roll in crackers, add butter, and bake. But I'm definately going to try this next time I'm out of yogurt! yummmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours sounds wonderful as well! What kind of yogurt? I should try it! :)

    ReplyDelete